Dhaka to Comilla Train Schedule & Ticket Price 2023
Comilla is the third oldest city in Bangladesh with thousands of years old archeological sites. The two busiest railway junctions, Laksham and Akhaura, are near Comilla. So, railway is the most convenient and affordable way to travel from Dhaka to Comilla. If you want to travel from Dhaka to Comilla, this article provides you with latest information of Dhaka to Comilla train schedule and train ticket price, according to the updates of Bangladesh railway.
Table of Contents
Dhaka to Comilla Distance
The distance from Dhaka to Comilla by rail is 191 km. However, the distance by road is less, about 100 kilometers. But since luxury trains with modern facilities are currently plying this route and train ticket prices are much lower than other public transport, choosing a train from Dhaka to Comilla is better in all respects.
If you take an intercity train, it will take 3 to 4 hours to cover this distance. Mail trains take more breaks in the middle stations, so it will take about 5 to 6 hours to reach Comilla from Dhaka.
Dhaka to Comilla Train Schedule
4 intercity trains and 1 mail train travel from Dhaka to Comilla. They are: Mahanagar Pravati, Upakul Express, Mahanagar Express, Turna Express and Chattala Express. Each train has a different schedule and some trains have weekly off days.
- Mahanagar Pravati leaves Dhaka at 07:45 AM and reaches Comilla at 11:01 AM. This train does not have a weekly off day, running daily.
- Upakul Express leaves Dhaka station at 03:20 PM and reaches Comilla at 07:01 PM. Its weekly off day is Tuesday.
- Mahanagar Express leaves Dhaka at 09:20 PM and reaches Comilla at 01:47 AM. It is closed on Sundays.
- Turna Nishitha Intercity train leaves Dhaka at 11:30 PM and reaches Comilla at 03:20 AM. There is no off day, it goes every day.
- Chattala Express train leaves Dhaka for Chittagong at 01:00 PM and stops at Comilla at 05:05 PM. It doesn’t run on Tuesdays.
Dhaka to Comilla Train Schedule
Like the above 5 intercity trains, 5 Mail Express trains also run on Dhaka to Comilla route. However, mail trains take longer to reach their destinations than intercity trains and also take more breaks in between. That is why intercity trains are preferred by the passengers. Below is the schedule of mail trains running on Dhaka to Comilla route.
- Dhaka Mail leaves Dhaka at 01.30 AM and reaches Comila at 06:55 AM. It has no off day.
- Karnafuli Express starts at 01:30 PM from Dhaka and reaches Comilla at 07:45 PM. It runs everyday too.
- Dhaka Express leaves the capital at 11:33 PM and reaches Comilla at 06:40 PM. No off day.
- Comilla Commuter leaves Dhaka at 06:10 AM and reaches Comilla at 12:50 PM. It has no schedule on Tuesdays.
Dhaka to Comilla Train Ticket Price
Trains in Bangladesh contains different quality of seats. Train ticket price depends on that seat quality. The following table shows Dhaka to Comilla train ticket price for each class of seats separately as per the latest update of Bangladesh Railway. You can choose any quality of seats according to your wish.
|Seat Class||Ticket Price|
|2nd Class General||55 Taka|
|2nd Class Mail||70 Taka|
|Shovan Chair||205 Taka|
|1st Class Chair||270 Taka|
|1st Berth||405 Taka|
|AC Seat||466 Taka|
|AC Berth||702 Taka|
Dhaka to Comilla Train Ticket Online
Happily, from now on you can buy train tickets for Dhaka to Comilla or for any other destination you want from the comfort of your home. The process of how to buy train ticket online is very simple. Your mobile phone is enough for that. Here is a step-by-step guideline for online train ticket booking:
Have a nice trip!
This was the information we had of Dhaka to Comilla train schedule and ticket price 2023. If you need to know about the return train schedule of the same route, take a look at the text Comilla to Dhaka Train Schedule and Ticket Price 2023. Leave your valuable comments below, and please contact us if you have further queries on this topic. Have a nice trip!