Tangail to Dhaka Train Schedule & Ticket Price 2021
If you want to go from Tangail to Dhaka, you can choose a train. Because there are a lot of trains on this route. Train travel is affordable and safe. This article contains the latest information about Tangail to Dhaka train schedule and ticket price, as per the update of Bangladesh Railway. There is also some relevant information, such as Tangail to Dhaka distance and introduction of popular trains running on this route.
The concerned authorities may change train schedule and ticket price at any time. We’ll also update this list immediately when any changes occur.
According to Bangladesh Railway, the distance from Tangail to Dhaka by rail is 97 km. Bangladesh National Portal shows that the distance from Tangail to Dhaka by road is slightly longer than the railway, it is 98 kilometers.
This is the actual distance from Tangail to Dhaka. The results obtained by searching the distance on the Internet are not accurate because they rely on GPS.
To know the distance of all other district cities of Bangladesh by road and rail from the capital Dhaka, please click the button bellow:
Tangail to Dhaka Train List
10 intercity trains and 1 mail train go to Dhaka via Tangail. Let’s first look a list of them:
Tangail to Dhaka Train: Introduction & Timetable
1. Ekota Express: This is one of the most luxurious broad gauge trains in Bangladesh. It covers a long way from Panchagarh to Dhaka. Tangail Railway Station is a stopover for this train. The train number is 706. The train leaves Tangail at 05:42 am and reaches Dhaka at 08:10 am. Monday is the off-day for Ekota Express.
2. Sundarban Express: Sundarban Express is one of the most popular trains in Bangladesh, which runs on the Khulna to Dhaka route. The train rests a while at Tangail station on its way and changes some passengers. Sundarban Express leaves Tangail for Dhaka at 03:30 am and arrives in Dhaka at 05:40 am. The train number is 725. It runs 6 days a week except Tuesday.
3. Lalmoni Express: Lalmoni Express is an intercity train of Bangladesh Railway service, which runs between the capital Dhaka and the northern Lalmonirhat district. It is a fastest and of a long distance train in Bangladesh. The train connects several important cities including Lalmonirhat, Gaibandha, Bogura, Natore, Tangail with Dhaka. The number of Lalmoni Express is 752 and its off day is Friday. The train leaves Tangail at 06:47 pm and reaches Dhaka at 08:55 pm.
4. Silkcity Express: Silkcity Express is one of the intercity trains operated by Bangladesh Railway. The train travels between the capital Dhaka and Rajshahi. It is a luxurious and sophisticated intercity train. The serial number of the train is 753 and its off day is Sunday. The Silkcity Express leaves Tangail station at 11:08 am and reaches Dhaka at 01:30 pm.
5. Drutajan Express: Drutajan Express is one of the fastest and most luxurious intercity trains of Bangladesh Railway, which runs between the capital Dhaka and Panchagarh in the north. Tangail is one of its break stations. The train number is 758 and the off day is Wednesday. Drutajan Express leaves Tangail station at 04:08 pm and reaches Dhaka at 06:10 pm.
6. Padma Express: Padma Express is one of the intercity trains operated by Bangladesh Railway. The train travels from the metropolitan city of Rajshahi via Tangail to Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. This is a luxurious intercity train. The train number is 760. Padma Express operates on all days of the week except Tuesday. It leaves Tangail at 07:30 pm and reaches Dhaka at 09:40 pm.
7. Chitra Express: Chitra Express is an intercity express train running from Khulna to Dhaka via Tangail. The Chitra train travels with broad gauge carriages on Dhaka-Khulna-Dhaka route. The train has a total of 12 bogies and 881 seats. Chitra Express train has two air-conditioned cabins and two AC chair compartments on its every coach. Additional bogies are added to the train on different days (especially the two Eids). The train number is 763, and its off day is Monday. Chitra Express leaves Tangail at 03:20 pm and reaches Dhaka at 05:40 pm.
8. Nill Sagar Express: Nill Sagar Express is an intercity train of Bangladesh Railway that runs between the capital Dhaka and the Chilahati railway station bordering the northern district of Nilphamari. On the way, the train takes a break at Tangail and picked up and dropped off passengers. Nill Sagar Express is one of the fastest and most luxurious trains in Bangladesh. The train number is 766, it provides passenger service 6 days a week except the Sunday. Nill Sagar Express leaves Tangail at 04:52 am and reaches Dhaka at 07:10 am.
9. Sirajganj Express: This is another luxurious and modern intercity train running on Dhaka-Sirajganj route operated by Bangladesh Railway. This train also runs through Tangail to Dhaka. Sirajganj Express has 966 seats in 11 bogies. Of these, 78 are air-conditioned first class cabins, 105 are Snigdha seats and 783 are ordinary chairs. The train number is 775, it runs all days except Saturday. Sirajganj Express leaves Tangail station at 07:58 am and arrives in Dhaka at 10:15 am.
10. Tangail Commuter: Tangail Commuter is a commuter train operated by Bangladesh Railway. It connects Gazipur district on the way from Tangail to Dhaka. Tangail commuter travels with broad gauge bogies. This is the only dedicated train that runs only between Tangail to Dhaka. The train number is 1/2, and its off day is Friday. Tangail Commuter leaves Tangail at 07:07 am and arrives in Dhaka at 09:30 am.
11. Local (Mail): This is a local train of Bangladesh operated by Bangladesh Railway, which travels between Tangail and Dhaka. The train number is 551. It has no off day. The train leaves Tangail at 08:42 am and reaches Dhaka at 11:00 am.
Tangail to Dhaka Train Schedule
Tangail to Dhaka train route is one of the busiest train routes in Bangladesh. Thousands of passengers travel on this route every day. Below is the detailed description, list and timetable of all the trains running on Tangail to Dhaka route.
|Train Name||Departure||Arrival||Off Day|
|706 - Ekota Express||05:42 AM||08:10 PM||Monday|
|725 - Sundarban Express||03:30 AM||05:40 AM||Tuesday|
|752 - Lalmoni Express||06:47 PM||08:55 PM||Friday|
|754 - Silkcity Express||11:08 AM||01:30 PM||Sunday|
|758 - Drutajan Express||04:08 PM||06:10 PM||Wednesday|
|760 - Padma Express||07:30 PM||09:40 PM||Tuesday|
|763 - Chitra Express||03:20 PM||05:40 PM||Monday|
|766 - Nill Sagar Express||04:52 AM||07:10 AM||Sunday|
|775 - Sirajganj Express||07:58 AM||10:15 AM||Saturday|
|1/2 - Tangail Commuter||07:07 AM||09:30 AM||Friday|
|661 - Local (Mail)||08:42 AM||11:00 AM||No|
Tangail to Dhaka Train Ticket Price
Bangladesh Railway has created different categories in their passenger services. Ticket prices vary according to the seat category. The following table shows Tangail to Dhaka train ticket price for all seat categories. The price list given here is collected from Bangladesh Railway ticket price chart. Note that the concerned authority may make changes to this price list at any time.
|Seat Class||Ticket Price|
|Shovan Chair||105 Taka|
|1st Class Chair||175 Taka|
|1st Berth||140 Taka|
|AC Seat||210 Taka|
|AC Berth||315 Taka|
How to Buy Train Ticket Online
Bangladesh Railway has introduced the facility of buying train tickets online for their passengers. So, now you can buy train tickets for Tangail to Dhaka online from the comfort of your own home instead of appearing physically at the railway station. The process of purchasing train ticket online is quite simple, and can be done in just two minutes. Click on the link below for details. Here is a step-by-step guide of how to buy train ticket online:
Have a nice trip!
This was all information for Tangail to Dhaka train schedule and ticket price 2021. We hope you find it useful. If you’ve things to say about this train schedule and train ticket price, please contact us. Also write your statement in the comment box below to share your personal train travel experience. Please like our Facebook Page to get updates about travel and transportation. Thank you!